Founder and CEO
Larry is Founder and CEO of UC Charting Solutions, an Aventur Partners company. Larry oversees the company’s overall strategic direction and business activity.
Larry holds an MBA in Economics from the University of Arizona and a BA in Economics from New Mexico State University. After receiving his MBA, Larry began his financial career in 1984 as Vice President and Chief Investment Officer with Home Federal Savings and Loan in Tucson, AZ. Relocating to California in 1986, he continued to build his financial career as Senior Vice President with Great American Bank and Downey Savings and Loan. In 1992, Larry Co-founded Thornburg Mortgage and served as the President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer of this highly successful NYSE listed mortgage REIT and originator that grew under his leadership to become a Fortune 1000 company.
Larry is an acclaimed innovative industry expert in financial product development and marketing; consistently recognized for excellence in investor communications and transparency in financial reporting. As Co-Founder and CEO of a highly successful NYSE listed mortgage REIT and originator of premier quality jumbo and super jumbo loans, Larry achieved the following key accomplishments:
- Led Thornburg Mortgage, a NYSE listed company, to a peak market capitalization of $3.2b, the 787th largest U.S. corporation; the premier high quality jumbo and super jumbo mortgage lender in the U.S., and consistently one of the highest quality loan portfolios in the U.S.; 18th largest correspondent mortgage lender in the U.S.
- Managed a leveraged mortgage portfolio of $58 billion, including approving all portfolio management decisions.
- Negotiated over $35 billion of portfolio financing arrangements, including repurchase agreements, warehouse lending agreements and commercial paper financings.
- Securitized (and financed) in excess of $20 billion of originated and purchased mortgage loans over 7 years.
- Successfully raised over $5 billion of debt and equity financing in the public markets over 17 years.
- Delivered an average 15% annual return to shareholders over 15 years (excluding last 2 years).
- Consistently recognized for excellence in investor communications and transparency in financial reporting.